The 19th Annual Mock Trial Invitational will be held on:
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
at the Third Municipal District Courthouse in Rolling Meadows, IL
REGISTRATION - 3:30 PM
ROUND 1 - 4:00 PM
ROUND 2 - 5:25 PM
Awards Reception & Dinner - 7:00 PM
What Makes Our Program Unique:
- Unlike many Mock Trial competitions that are held in classrooms or school lunchrooms, the NWSBA competition is held at the Third Municipal District Courthouse in Rolling Meadows, IL.
- The Honorable William O. Maki, Presiding Judge of the Third Municipal District, is one of twelve Cook County judges who preside over the courtroom competitions.
- More than 35 members of the NWSBA volunteer to be scoring judges for the competition. In all, more than 45 members volunteer their time for this event.
- The Invitational is sponsored by the Northwest Suburban Bar Association and funded in part with a grant from the Illinois State Bar Association.
- Participating schools can qualify for State and National competitions by participating in the NWSBA Mock Trial.
RULES FOR REGISTRATION:
- The NWSBA will limit the number of teams to 24
- Registrations accepted via Fax or Email only
- Emails must include a PDF attachment of the NWSBA Registration Form
If your school has a 2nd team:
- This does not automatically register your 2nd team in the competition.
- Second teams will be allowed only in the event we have 23 or fewer teams registered.
- Emails will be sent out by the NWSBA to call for 2nd teams.
- Registrations for 2nd teams will be honored according to the Date and Time indicated on the returned email response to the call for 2nd teams. Not by the date of original registration.
TEAM CANCELLATION POLICY: in the event the NWSBA needs to cancel a team due to a last minute cancellation by a school, the process will be as follows (without exception):
- 2nd teams eliminated first as determined by Date/Time of response to call for 2nd teams. The last team to respond will be first team to be eliminated. IF NO 2ND TEAMS ARE IN THE COMPETITION, then
- Determined by date/time indicated on initial/original faxed or emailed registration form. The last team to respond/register will be the first team to be eliminated.
SCOUTING & OBSERVATION: Competing schools are prohibited from scouting or otherwise observing other schools for the purpose of gaining advantage for Round 2.
WEATHER RELATED CANCELLATION POLICY: This information is being provided in case of severe/inclement
weather conditions on the day of the event. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE
COMPETITION WILL TAKE PLACE AS LONG AS WE HAVE TEAMS THERE TO COMPETE!
- The only exception
would be in the event the courthouses are closed. This decision is made
by the Circuit Court of Cook County Chief Judge's office.
- Please consult media outlets for any courthouse closings.
- We will also post any cancellations on our Website: www.nwsba.org.
- We will only post something in the event the competition is CANCELLED.
CELL PHONES AND ELECTRONIC DEVICES POLICY: Only
coaches and/or chaperones will be allowed to bring cell phones into the
courthouse. In December of 2012, Circuit
Court of Cook County Chief Judge Timothy C. Evans signed an order banning all
electronic devices (including but not limited to cell phones, computers, iPads,
devices capable of connecting to the Internet or making audio or video
recordings) from Cook County courthouses where criminal matters are
heard. This ban affects the Third District Courthouse in Rolling
Meadows. In order to get all schools and volunteers through
Security in a timely manner, we ask that you leave all electronic devices as
well as any items that are not essential to your presentation, at home, on
your bus, or in your vehicles. Finally, no outside food or drinks
will be allowed past the Security point.
BUS PARKING: Buses should be instructed to park on the Access Road which runs parallel to Euclid Avenue, near the corner of Euclid and Wilke Road.
SCHOOL ROSTERS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN
FEBRUARY 2, 2015