The NWSBA's 24th Annual Mock Trial Invitational will be held on
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Third Municipal District Courthouse
2121 Euclid Avenue, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
Registration - 3:30 PM
Round 1 - 4:00 PM
Round 2 - 5:25 PM
Awards Reception & Dinner - 7:00 PM
MOCK TRIAL CASE
Team Roster Form (Excel Spreadsheet)
The following teams are
CONFIRMED to complete on February 26, 2020:
Mundelein High School
Please note that ONLY ONE TEAM per school is admitted.
Trinity High School
John Hersey High School
Timothy Christian High School
De La Salle High School
St. Charles North High School
Glenbard East High School
Elk Grove High School
Unity Christian Academy
Maine West High School
Homewood-Flossmoor High School
York Community High School
Normal West High School
Normal Community High School
St. Charles East High School
Guerin College Prep High School
Maine South High School
Niles West High School
Glenbard South High School
South Elgin High School
Glenbrook South High School
Chicago Christian High School
Lyons Township High School
Hinsdale Central High School
Libertyville High School
Whitney M. Young Magnet High School
Providence Catholic High School
Adlai F. Stevenson High School
Wheeling High School
Rolling Meadows High School
WHAT MAKES OUR PROGRAM UNIQUE?
- Unlike many mock trial competitions that are held in classrooms or school lunchrooms, the NWSBA competition is held at the Third Municipal District Courthouse in Rolling Meadows, IL.
- The Honorable Jill Cerone-Marisie, Presiding Judge of the Third Municipal District, is one of fourteen Cook County judges who preside over the courtroom competitions.
- Over 40 members of the NWSBA volunteer to be scoring judges for the competition. In all, more than 50 members volunteer their time for this event.
- The Invitational is sponsored by the Northwest Suburban Bar Association and funded, in part, with a grant from the Illinois State Bar Association.
- Participating schools can qualify for State and National competitions by participating in the NWSBA Mock Trial.
RULES FOR REGISTRATION:
- Due to the overwhelming response to our call for teams, the competition has been expanded to 28 teams this year.
- Registrations are accepted via fax or email only.
- Fax/email must include a PDF attachment of the completed NWSBA Registration Form.
If your school has a 2nd team:
- Your registration form does not automatically register your 2nd team in the competition.
- 2nd teams will be allowed only in the event we have 27 or fewer teams registering, there is not a wait list, or a team cancels leaving an uneven field.
- If we have space for 2nd teams, you will be notified by email.
- Registrations for 2nd teams will be honored according to the date and time indicated on the returned email response to the call for 2nd teams, not by the date of your original registration.
IMPORTANT DEADLINE: Rosters are due no later than February 14, 2020 and must be submitted using the Excel spreadsheet (see link above).
Team Cancellation Policy: In the event the NWSBA is forced to cancel a team due to a last minute cancellation by another school, the process will be as follows (without exception):
- 2nd teams eliminated first as determined by date/time of response to call for 2nd teams. The last team to respond will be first team to be eliminated. IF NO 2ND TEAMS ARE IN THE COMPETITION, then
- Determined by date/time indicated on initial/original faxed or emailed registration form. The last team to respond/register will be the first team to be eliminated.
SCOUTING & OBSERVATION: Competing schools are prohibited from scouting or otherwise observing other schools for the purpose of gaining advantage for Round 2 or future competitions.
WEATHER RELATED CANCELLATION POLICY: This information is being provided in case of severe/inclement
weather conditions on the day of the event. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE
COMPETITION WILL TAKE PLACE AS LONG AS WE HAVE TEAMS THERE TO COMPETE!
- The only exception
would be in the event the courthouses are closed. This decision is made
by the Circuit Court of Cook County Chief Judge's office.
- Please consult media outlets for any courthouse closings.
- We will also post any cancellations on our Website: www.nwsba.org.
- We will only post something in the event the competition is CANCELLED.
CELL PHONES AND ELECTRONIC DEVICES POLICY: Devices used in your mock trial presentation are allowed, however, it is recommended and strongly encouraged that only coaches and/or chaperones be allowed to bring cell phones into the courthouse. The use of electronic devices to record or videotape the opposing team is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
BUS PARKING: Buses should be instructed to park on the access road which runs parallel to Euclid Avenue, near the corner of Euclid and Wilke Roads.
SCHOOL ROSTERS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN
FEBRUARY 14, 2020